MCM 1700N: Open Source Culture
Dept. of Modern Culture and Media
Prof. Mark Tribe
- Schuyler Maclay - The Sheep Market
- Erik Maser - Open Source Religion
- Stephen Poletto - reacTIVision
- Jason Huff - Free Skool
- Deanna Havas - 50 50
- Lauren Neal - S(p)am Yam: Digital Graffiti?
- Al Urim - Arduino
- Sebastian Gallese - Open Source Code in Academia
- Joe Larios - Negativland
- Jack Flintermann - Patenting Life and Open Source Biology
- Nikolos Gonzales - Open Reel
- Harrison Heller- Machinima & Copyright
- Collage Project
- Joe Larios - One Economy
- Harrison Heller - Big Mac Attack
- Erik Maser - The Birth of Modern Beauty
- Jason Huff - Nature Morte (Nature Vive)
- Stephen Poletto - Illegal Art
- Schuyler Maclay - Do You Like The Picture I Took?
- Nikolos Gonzales - Mug Shots
- Deanna Havas - From The Dead
- Jack Flintermann - Comment Cards
- Al Urim - Roulette Portraits
- Chris Erway - Defaced
- Sebastian Gallese - Open Source Video
- Lauren Neal - Desk Tops
- Audio/Video Remix
- Harrison Heller- Remote Warriors
- Jack Flintermann - Bird Priorities
- Nikolos Gonzales - Woody Allen vs. The City of New York
- Sebastian Gallese - Fixing the Wheel for the Good of Open Source Surveillance
- Jason Huff - Call to Duty
- Deanna Havas- Chat Palace
- Joe Larios - Lieutenant Knight
- Schuyler Maclay - Avatar Ain't Got No Blues
- Chris Erway - Traffic Phase
- Erik Maser - "Le Cadre"
- Lauren Neal - Superlative (Belle of the Ball) or, The Winner Takes it All Off
- Al Urim - WWDC 1984
- Stephen Poletto - Sexual Tension
- Group Project
Assignment: Select an open source culture project, in consultation with the instructor, that exemplifies or otherwise relates to the themes explored in the class during which you will present. Make a presentation on your selected project using Google Docs.
Assignment: Your first production assignment is to make a work of art using found images. The term collage may be construed loosely.
Jack Flintermann - [Comment Cards]
Assignment: Your second production assignment is to make an art project using found footage.
Assignment: Collaborate with other students to produce an art project in any form or medium that demonstrates or exemplifies open source culture.