Use media (PowerPoint, web sites, video, etc.) to illustrate your main points, and make reference to what you show.
- If you use PowerPoint, Keynote, or similar presentation software, keep text to a minimum. Bullet point outlines are strictly verboten in this class.
- Practice with others (roommates, friends,etc.). Practice is critical for staying within the time assigned.
- Speak,don't read. Use your notes as cues: do not read your notes. The purpose of a presentation is to give the audience your ideas about a topic,not to read out a mass of unsynthesized information.
- Stand during your presentation.
- Look at the people to whom you are speaking, rotating around the room to make eye contact with everyone.