250 MBs per user
Based on Market Research:
- Brown 60 Students: 15000 MBs
- RISD 160 Students: 41000 MBs (Only 1st year) <-- ?
- 2nd year ?
- 3rd year?
Also based on 250 MBs per user:
- 8 portfolios first year = 2000
- 50 portfolios second year = 12500
- 250 portfolios third year = 62500
So, not a lot of space (at least in the beginning)
Domain name: Example www.S.O.A.P.com or www.soap.com Pricing:
- 1 Year $9.95
- 2 Years $19.90
- 5 Years $49.75
- 10 Years $99.50
Info gathered at:http://www.netnation.com/products/domains.php
Sun Fire T1000 Server
- Standard: 6 cores, 8GB memory (T10-106A-08GA1P ) - US$5,745
- Large: 8 cores, 16 GB memory (T10-108A-16GA1P) - US$11,995
Sun Fire T2000 Server
- Small: 4 cores, 8GB memory (T20-104A-08GA2C) - US$8,295
- Standard: 6 cores, 8GB memory (T20-106A-08GA2C) - US$10.895
- Medium: 8 cores, 8GB memory (T20-108A-08GA2C) -- US$13,395
- Large: 8 cores, 16GB memory (T20-108A-16GA2C) - US$16,995
Prices for web servers from this website:
When we have to maket S.O.A.P, we will make decissions at that time, as far as how exactly we will do it.
This includes: Table slips around campus (and RISD campus) posting of posters, etc.
- 500 sheets of paper = $ 7
- Word of Mouth $0
- Emails $0
- Using Facebook as marketing tool: $0 (why wait for Fortune 500 companies to do it; it's free for us!)
Technical Consulting would be taken care of if we end up purchasing the services remotely.
- Overhead and Ad purchases
- What kind of ads to be discussed? pop up ads? banners? - How this would be done, where we would advertise "ad purchases" has not been discussed.
As far as hosted services, a lot of companies do this:
- Such as the website mentioned above, alternatively, IBM, Sungard, etc. provide similar hosting services/packages, which is probably how we will at least initially.
More specific to our project:
- Some of the services offered by IBM seem to be in line with this project:
- An example of a solution that would suffice can be seen at this site:
"IBM Express Storage Platform for digital media An integrated storage platform designed to be easy to implement and use"
in this site: Even the small configuration comes equipped with 1.1TB so that's probably good for a start.
Next we should discuss grants and sponsors re: raising capital.