This is an annotated list of contacts you can use to promote your project, organized into categories. Please add contacts to the list as you find them!
- Rhizome.org: a large online community focused on New Media art. See http://rhizome.org/info/index.php for more information. To post, you need to sign up as a member here http://rhizome.org/preferences/register.rhiz (it's free), then post your announcement via this form: http://rhizome.org/post.rhiz
- SOAP Contact List and Letter: The New Media Art Production class of Spring 06 wrote up a list of e-mail faculty and a draft letter for their project. The contacts may be outdated, but it's worth checking out.
- del.icio.us (http://del.icio.us): a social bookmarking website, similar to Digg. Signup, bookmark your link on del.icio.us, and add del.icio.us buttons to your site.
- To add a simple Save to del.icio.us button to your site, go here: http://del.icio.us/help/savebutton
- Digg.com (http://digg.com): a social bookmarking website, on par with del.icio.us. Register an account, boomark your link on Digg, and add a Digg button to your site.
- Search Engine Optimization: there are legions of SEO Consultants pushing sites to the top your Google search. Do what they do to promote your site.